Baxendale Innovation Award Nominations
KU Innovation and Collaboration is now accepting nominations for the Baxendale Innovation Award, which recognizes a faculty member or group of faculty members who have developed a new research method, technology or innovative service that has had significant commercial impact.
- 2016: Daniel J. Aires, M.D., J.D.; and Laird Forrest, Ph.D.
- 2015: Brian Blagg, Professor, Department of Medicinal Chemistry; and Rick Dobrowsky, Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 2014: Cory Berkland, Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry - Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- 2013: Lisa Stehno-Bittel, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
Nominators should provide detail on how the nominee has demonstrated excellence in commercialization, including:
- Descriptions of innovations/technologies developed by the nominee(s);
- Impact of the technology, from the research and product perspectives;
- List of disclosures, patents, licenses (invented and assigned to KU); and
- Examples of major milestones toward external validation and marketplace achievement.
The nomination deadline is Sept. 26.
The recipient will be announced Oct. 10 at a special reception following the Startup Showcase.
Baxendale Award Nomination Form
Please fill out the information below to nominate someone for the award.